Wednesday 8 February 2023

New top story on Hacker News: Show HN: Kuboble.com – minimalistic sliding pieces puzzle game

Show HN: Kuboble.com – minimalistic sliding pieces puzzle game
16 by kuboble | 2 comments on Hacker News.
Hi, I wanted to share a simple game I wrote. It's a sliding pieces puzzle like many others. I have focused a lot on making the experience smooth and minimalistic and the levels being challenging in a way a sudoku or chess puzzles could be. I had no prior knowledge of game development and while it feels like someone competent could build this game in a week I spent over two years and hundreds of hours to bring this game to life. My journey went through: - thinking it will be a PC game - being overwhelmed by the amount of different game frameworks - hiring an indie dev to bootstrap the game in Unity for me - realize the small levels are actually cool and it might fit on a phone - generating levels and playing through thousands of them myself to curate a smaller list - realizing the Unity wasn't a good choice - rewriting the game in html + js drawing on canvas + React - hiring a bunch of fiverr artists and testers to polish it up I think I am finally satisfied with the result enough to be willing to share it with the world. If you're a fan of minimalist sliding pieces puzzles I'd be happy if you give it a try! the game has: - no ads - no tracking of any kind - fully offline after first load

No comments:

Post a Comment