Saturday 11 February 2023

New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: How do you save and browse external interesting URLs?

Ask HN: How do you save and browse external interesting URLs?
18 by bluewalt | 23 comments on Hacker News.
As a curious developer, my knowledge is scattered between many external resources I consumed and want to keep at my fingertips: blog posts I read, Youtube videos I watched, Stack Overflow answers I read, Github repos I follow, etc. My knowledge is NOT the notes I took, but these external resources I consumed and loved. But over time, I forget. I don't know what I know, and as soon as I need something like, I google it. For example, it could be the 10th time I google "efficient logging with Python". I may come across a link I already clicked, or not. To me, it would be much more efficient to be able to search among all my external resources I already read and decided to keep, because it is limited to quality contents that I have already filtered, and that I already read, so that memory will activate when I read it another time. At that point, you could tell me to use bookmarks. And it's what I do. Then 6 months later, I end up with 200 bookmarks I will not sort. And even if they were sorted, I will be too slow to find something in them with no tagging, I and I would use Google anyway. In a ideal world, It would be easy to save and tag external resources (one click from the browser), and then, browse and find them back easily. Do you have this feeling too, or it's just me? If so, what do you use for this?

No comments:

Post a Comment