Wednesday 21 September 2022

New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: A Math Study Program?

Ask HN: A Math Study Program?
9 by agomez314 | 0 comments on Hacker News.
I took math courses through high school up to calculus in college and a course on discrete math, which i did well in. I just got John Stillwell's "Mathematics and It's History" and I'm dazzled by the way math is presented and the beauty inherent in it, unlike the way it was taught to me in school. However, I'm starting to struggle in some of the early geometry exercises like with regular polyhedra and conic sections, and later with exercises in projective geometry. Is there a course or series of courses I can take that can build my math skill level to solve such problems with ease? Stillwell mentions using this course to teach senior-level math undergrads.

No comments:

Post a Comment