Sunday 28 May 2023

New top story on Hacker News: Show HN: HNRelevant – Show related HN submissions in an integrated sidebar

Show HN: HNRelevant – Show related HN submissions in an integrated sidebar
4 by imadj | 1 comments on Hacker News.
While browsing Hacker News, I wished for an easier way to find related submissions (instead of googling and going back and forth). So I made this small chrome extension that automatically shows relevant submissions on page load. It's intergrated as a sidebar right in the page (for ease & native look), with customization options for fine control. It's based on HN algolia search API[1] and uses the submission title as its initial query with the ability to customize the query if you're not satisfied with the initial results. Originally, I took it as an opportunity to try my hands at creating a browser extension, but I was quite satisfied with the result and so I decided to release it. [1] HN algolia search API: https://ift.tt/yi0jbm4

No comments:

Post a Comment