Saturday 7 January 2023

New top story on Hacker News: GoDaddy Rant:(

GoDaddy Rant:(
13 by Jaxtek | 12 comments on Hacker News.
Hi HN, I tried editing a subdomain's CNAME record and it was not editable (API returned "Duplicate entry"). So I deleted that record and tried creating again. Same error. Now our old record is gone and I can't create new one. I spoke with the support and they created a record for `subdomain.example.com.example.com` instead of `subdomain.example.com` from backend (lol). When I pointed it out, they politely said they cant do anything about it . Now I can do nothing to revert what I did. This was a subdomain used by few people in the company so it didn't cause any major problems. But it would have been disastrous otherwise(Some of our pings are already failing). We will be transferring the domain to another registrar ASAP. I would recommend anyone having a GoDaddy domain to transfer to another registrar. More examples: https://ift.tt/6eUCFu1 Rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment