Friday 4 November 2022

New top story on Hacker News: Tell HN: How to get your Twitter account fubar

Tell HN: How to get your Twitter account fubar
5 by withinboredom | 0 comments on Hacker News.
Six months ago, I decided to rename my business and I got the twitter account. Then, finally this past week, everything was good to go, and I updated the photos for profile/icon. For this account's first follower, I decided to follow it from my personal account. That was a mistake, apparently. Within seconds, my account was locked and kicked out of Twitter ads (according to the emails I received). This makes no logical sense to me, but here we are. So, apparently, the way to screw up a twitter account is simple: follow a dormant account. FWIW, the dormant account was managed by my phone (logged into my personal and this account), but I did the following from my computer, which wasn't logged into both accounts (ever).

No comments:

Post a Comment