Sunday 2 October 2022

New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: How to Stop Caring (Professionally)?

Ask HN: How to Stop Caring (Professionally)?
14 by mouzogu | 17 comments on Hacker News.
I get stressed out a lot by my work. The people, and the lack of autonomy. It invades my evenings, my nights, I spend sometimes hours unable to sleep dreading the next day. I don't have any autonomy. I'm treated as a resource to be "used". And I work with people I don't respect personally or professionally. I have been looking for a way out for a while, but let's just say that quitting or finding another job is NOT an option for now, for the sake of argument - to hopefully get some actionable advice. I already stopped caring about my work. But my personality finds it difficult to ignore things that are wrong. Sometimes I look at other colleagues communication with others and it affects me also, I see so much wrong but I can't do anything about it. How can I just stop caring?

No comments:

Post a Comment