Wednesday 2 March 2022

New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: Ads with small budget for personal project?

Ask HN: Ads with small budget for personal project?
28 by kioleanu | 18 comments on Hacker News.
I've been trying for months to bring more traffic to my personal project's website. I've tried multiple combinations for months, researched and paid people to look at the ads and suggest what I can do. Here's the problem: I only have a small budget I can afford and that is 15€ per day, per platform. 1. With Facebook, they say they sent more than double the clicks Analytics tells me they sent and the clicks that do pass through have an almost 100% bounce rate with average time spent on page of 0 seconds. For example, they say they sent 300 clicks in a week, but I only see 120-130 in Analytics. 2. With the same ad, on Reddit Ads, I see in Analytics 90-95% of the clicks they said they sent and the bounce rate is about 82%, with more than 3 minutes average sessions. With both platforms I run an ad and then a retargeting ad. Until now, this was the only strategy that had relative success. All the people that consulted on the ads said that with 15€ per day, Facebook gives 0 results, which I already saw and I find disappointing. The only explanation I can find is that on Facebook I only get bot clicks. Are there any other platforms that are more suitable for my budget?

No comments:

Post a Comment