Thursday 17 February 2022

New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: How do you manage your companies knowledge base?

Ask HN: How do you manage your companies knowledge base?
20 by hifikuno | 17 comments on Hacker News.
After losing a few key personnel lately I have become painfully aware of the amount of knowledge stuck with individuals. While we do have a wiki of knowledge, a lot of the pages are outdated, incorrect or just not needed anymore. My problem is, I know that we are missing information, what I don't know is how to tease out that information from myself and other coworkers. Do you have any advice on how to get the knowledge out of my coworkers and into the knowledge base? Or, do you have a book you recommend? I have found a few books on knowledge bases but the reviews seem to be pretty hit and miss. Edit: After talking with some friends about it I think I was able to articulate my main issue I have. In making this documentation it feels like I am winging it. However, all my training has been in coding and coding always has standards, guidelines and frameworks. It's hard for me to just work on the docs as I feel like I should be following some sort of standard as I do it. Edit: Currently I am stuck with Confluence as the actual technology to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment