Tuesday 20 July 2021

New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: Webdev with poor/deteriorating vision. What can I pivot into?

Ask HN: Webdev with poor/deteriorating vision. What can I pivot into?
22 by mouzogu | 9 comments on Hacker News.
Long story short, I have a corneal disease that cannot be fixed with glasses or surgery. I'm able to get about 20/35 to 20/40 vision depending on whether it's a good day or not with glasses. I can get 20/20 with rigid lenses but it's not very comfortable after 3-4 hours and I'm not able to look at anything dark or black in colour so it's not perfect (thanks all you apps without a light mode :( I've been working as a web dev for 15 years since graduation but I know my days I numbered in this field as it requires near perfect vision due to the UI nature and dealing with things on a pixel level. What kind of field could I leverage my experience and pivot into that does not require perfect vision? Thanks, for any advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment