Monday 21 June 2021

New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: How to learn proper Systems Programming?

Ask HN: How to learn proper Systems Programming?
24 by systems_learn | 4 comments on Hacker News.
I am a software engineer for the past 10 years, and did frontend and backend development. I am learning Rust at the moment and have the following books: - "The Linux Programming Interface" - "Systems Programming with Linux" - "Adavnaced UNIX Programming" What I struggle with: How to get exposure to projects to learn for a future job? I had a Rust job for around half a year, where people build web servers and came from a C and C++ background. Half of the stuff they wrote I didn't understand (flushing, opening another channel just for logs so we don't fill up the other ones etc. etc.). Now I wonder how I can get access to this type of information, how to properly learn it?

No comments:

Post a Comment