Tuesday 15 June 2021

New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: How did an adult ADHD diagnosis help you?

Ask HN: How did an adult ADHD diagnosis help you?
16 by codpiece | 2 comments on Hacker News.
My therapist wants to explore an ADHD diagnosis, run tests and dive deep. My question to you is; how did this help you or impact your life? I am in the later half of an adventurous and successful career. I continue to grow, have a long-term stable marriage, good savings, great life. I went to my therapist to handle a lingering family issue and now we've come up to the ADHD talk. They want to run neurological tests, said I'm 'twice exceptional' and I see this as an expensive and time consuming diversion of my goals. I do admit that there is some validity in the idea, I do see symptoms, but how would this help me at this point in my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment