Wednesday 10 March 2021

New top story on Hacker News: PSA: macOS updates often modify your System Preferences to violate your Privacy

PSA: macOS updates often modify your System Preferences to violate your Privacy
36 by webmobdev | 11 comments on Hacker News.
I went to change a Firewall setting for an app and discovered to my shock all the listed apps in it had been set to "Allow incoming connections" (which I had never done) and the options - "Automatically allow built-in softwares to receive incoming connections" and - "Automatically allow downloaded signed software to receive incoming connections" had been enabled, even though I had disabled them. In the Privacy > Advertising section. Limit Ad Tracking had been disabled even though I had enabled it. (And if it needs to be said for some - no, I don't have any malware on my computer). Edit: I am pissed because all I had installed were security updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment